Saturday, August 25, 2018

Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year!

Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!  My name is Mrs. Lisa Smith and look forward to an exciting year in the classroom.  I will be teaching eighth grade Algebra, 7th grade advanced math, and 7th grade classes at Navo Middle School.  This will be my tenth year teaching math at Navo Middle School and have taught 7th grade through Algebra.  I am looking forward to a wonderful school year.  The 2018-2019 school year will be my sixth year as the mathematics department chair here at Navo Middle School.

I grew up in Killeen, Texas and graduated from Killeen High School in 1998.  I moved to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex while working with GameStop.  Many students love hearing I used to work for them!  When I left Gamestop in 2005, I was a District Manager and was responsible for fourteen stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.  

I graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies Cum Laude in May 2008.  I finished my Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of North Texas in December 2014.

My husband, Jeff, and I have been married for sixteen years this October.  My stepson, Roland, is currently attending the University of Texas in Dallas.  Jakob, will be in eighth grade here at Navo Middle School and our youngest, Ashlyn, will be in second grade at Paloma Creek Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment